What we believe about the Bible
- We believe that the Bible is God’s written Word. The Holy Scriptures is both infallible and inerrant in their original writings. The scriptures were verbally inspired, both Old and New Testaments. By this we understand that the Holy Spirit inspired the thoughts of the writer. The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice for the believer. Rockford Community Church is committed to God’s Word as the standard and final authority in all that we say and do as a body of believers.
1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
What we believe about God
- God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14
What we believe about Baptism
- Baptism by immersion symbolizes the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is your public declaration that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Baptism does not save you, but shows the world that you have already been saved. And while baptism is not required for salvation, it is a biblical command and demonstrates your love and obedience to Christ.
Colossians 2:12; Acts 2:41; Ephesians 2: 8-9; Matthew 28:19-20
What we believe about Salvation
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God offered to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in works pleasing to God. Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 2:11-14
- We believe that all true believers, once saved, shall be kept forever. Romans 8:1, 38, 39; John 10:27-30; 1 Corinthians 1:4-8; Philippians 1:6; 2 Timothy 1:12
- We believe at Rockford Community Church that we are saved by God’s grace and love. We also believe that fruit in each believer’s life manifests genuine faith.